TIME FOR SOME MORE OF ELLA’S FAVES!!
- MELODRAMA (yeah I know it came our ages ago but still what a banging album)
- The Wombats (still my all time baes – jump into the fog is my current favourite)
- Lana del Rey (don’t like all the songs on her new album but Cherry is a tune)
- Katy Perry (randomly making a comeback on my playlist, shoutout to my sister for that)
- Sundara Karma (just starting to really appreciate them hm)
- Big Little Lies (mainly just love Zoe Kravitz but there ya go)
- Game of Thrones (very late to the party – I’m just starting season 3)
- Fresh Meat (not about meat I promise, it’s hilarious)
- Roman Holiday (CLASSIC)
- Ella Snyder (want to be her ngl)
- Hi I’m Mimi (what a cutie)
- The Basic Eight – Daniel Handler (I freaking love this book it’s my new favourite)
- Never Let Me Go – Kazuo Ishiguro (actually read this for school but hey I like it)
- His Dark Materials series – Philip Pullman (these have been my fave forever and there’s a new spin off coming out yayyy)
- The Silver Pigs etc. – Lindsey Davis (shh I’m a classics nerd)
oop earrings (I used to be so against them but now I wear them every day)
- Off the shoulder tops (aka my one favourite blue and white top)
- Denim skirts (how did I live before I bought one of these??)
- Silver bangles (I bought a really pretty one in France)
- Tote bags (shoutout to Bethany for getting me a cute cactus tote for my birthday last year)
- Peaches (love you Tesco for selling these for 49p a bag)
- Toast (new found appreciation??)
- Jam (Damson. On aforementioned toast)
- Lemon lollies (SUMMER IN A FOOD)
- Sundried tomatoes (idk they’re bomb)
- Chickpea curry (I might post my recipe to this when I make it photo worthy because it’s so good)
- Kayaking (random new hobby)
- @anyaosi on Instagram (cutest drawings ever??)
- Multicoloured eyeshadow (I can’t do it but one of my best friends can and I appreciate it)
- Ivy (looks aesthetic af on European buildings)
- Sunsets (seen some cute ones lately)
Anyway that’s my fave things at the moment and plz tell me some of yours because I am always interested !!
I’ve seen a couple of people doing this and i thought it was a cute af idea so here is me jumping on the bandwagon ayyy.
So basically, if we were on a coffee date, we’d definitely be in my favourite cafe in Brighton because that is the only place that sells coffee I actually really like. It’s also the cutest place ever. It’s a Turkish cafe I think and it has swings instead of seats at the window table. There’s also flowers everywhere and it sells The yummiest snacks and sandwiches including vegan ones ayyy. So we’d be there sitting on the swing seats and I’d have a cappuccino or maybe a berry smoothie. We’d be sharing a plate of coconut and banana balls because they’re amazing.
Since we’re in Brighton I’d definitely start off by telling you about my favourite shops there – aka this amazing cupacake place I can’t remember the name of but it’s just so good and the tea shop that gives out free samples of interesting flavoured teas. I’d also tell you that this time I’m finally going to buy one of the cute backplacks in Beyond Retro that I’ve been wanting for ages but can’t bring myself to spend so much money on eek. I wouldn’t buy one anyway but I like to kid myself I can afford it for a while.
We’d talk about our summers. I’d tell you about my travels in Europe and ask you where you’ve been and what you’ve done. I’d also probably tell you about my vague plans for next summer which may involve interrailing and festivals. And then I’d complain about how much I need to get a job so I can actually do these things oops.
Not gonna lie, once we start on the snacks I will not be able to stop myself talking about how much I love food because food is my life and seriously I can talk about it for ages. You’d know all about my quest for the perfect banana bread recipe which I haven’t found yet and my undying love for houmous.
I’d ask you about your family and friends and pets and I’d tell you about my dog’s weird habit of going round in circles all the time and how I find him a bit annoying sometimes even though my friends all love him (sorry Kaiser I’m a cat person. You’re still cute though).
We’d discuss our weird quirks and random talents like the fact I have fruit stickers all over my phone and how I once spent four hours teaching myself to hula hoop which I can now do really well ayyyy. I’d want to know all about your favourite books and movies and bands and everything too. And then I’d ask about your plans for the future and probably complain about how stressed I am about uni applications but also how excited I am about going ahhhh!!
And when we’d finished our drinks, I’d probably make you take ‘candid’ photos of me and the flowers (like the one in my collage – shoutout to my dad lol) and then I’d manage to be really awkward about asking for the bill and then we’d leave and i would have to walk all the way up the giant hill to the car park where my dad always parks but at least I’d be happy and full of coffee.
I feel like this was slightly cringe but not gonna lie it actually made me pretty happy to write this and now I’m all calm but I really want frothy coffee hmmmmmm.
What would you order on a coffee date??
Hm I know I’m a lazy person and I haven’t posted in ages but hey I still have no ideas so here’s a lil life update to show you what I’ve been doing with my life instead of being productive.
So. End of the summer holidays. My last week of freedom started out pretty busy. I finally tried the vegan pizza from pizza express and it was hElla good. I would eat it every day if I could. I also went canoeing in the sea for the first time which by the way is a lot more effort and kind of more scary than in a French river. My canoe must have spun in the wrong direction about 326 times and I probably nearly got run over by a sailing boat at least once. It was still fun though and I’m literally determined to get arm muscles (right now I’m a weakling with twig arms). I also discovered the universe’s best chips on a vEry long walk with my sister and they were so worth the exercise like WOWOW they were crispy. So regret only getting one bucket between us.
After all that, it started raining and I stopped doing interesting stuff in favour of staying in bed for about three days watching game of thrones and stressing about the fact that I still hadn’t started my personal statement for my uni applications (I have since started it and it is the cringiest thing I’ve ever written lol). And I made myself pretty avocado toast and more cupcakes than my family could eat. Then some banana bread. And more cakes.
School started this week, kill me now. No, kidding. It actually hasn’t been that bad so far. I even managed to wake up at quarter to 6 with not too much stress yay me!! I’m also loving colour coding my new school diary because I lead a sad life and I love stationery almost as much as I love bread.
This weekend I went to a camping party with two of my best friends and we basically didn’t know anyone else there which was awkward but hEY there was music and we made friends. It was also extremely cold and I ended up waking up at 3 in the morning and going to sleep in the bathroom which was probably a stupid idea but at the time I thought I was a genius. At least I was warm ish though. Also it took me about four hours to get home because I forgot my bus has different times on a Saturday so I had to sit on the bus stop eating bread and looking a bit homeless which was kind of tragic.
Anyway now I’m watching more Game of Thrones with my cat and it’s fab and I sort of want to make more cakes but we’ve run out of sugar sad times.
I hope y’all are not dying too much from going back to school, we can get through this together I believe in us !!
So I’ve been meaning to do this for ages and ages but I was too lazy to actually make the pancakes and take pictures of them even though it’s actually easy but yay I’ve got my life together and here is how to make the three yummiest vegan breakfasts ever ay!
(not gonna lie I eyeball everything but this is vaguely how much you need)
- 2/3 cup of oats
- 1/3 cup of chia seeds
- Almond milk (the amount kinda depends)
- Raisin (optional)
- Maple syrup
- So, night before you want to eat it ideally (I have actually made this about half an hour before though and it worked) mix the oats and chia seeds together in a jar or airtight pot
- Pour almond milk over the top until the level is just a tiny bit over the top of the oats (remember to mix because sometimes it doesn’t drain through right to the bottom)
- Add maple syrup and raisins (the raisins soak up some of the almond milk and go kind of juicy and amazing)
- Next morning, add the toppings. My favourites are banana, berries and walnuts but you could add literally anything like chocolate chips, cinnamon, granola, apple… so many possibilities !!
- Eat it and die of happiness
- 2 slices of bread of choice (I think wholemeal is best but you do you)
- 1/2 avocado
- A lil bit of lemon juice
- Chilli flakes
- Toast the toast
- While it’s toasting, mash up the avocado with a fork then add the lemon juice and chilli flakes
- Spread the houmous on the toast then the avocado mix on top
- Drizzle a bit of tahini on the top
- Eat it and die of happiness
(disclaimer: I’m not exactly a master at this recipe so if it looks like it might be disastrous plz turn to the internet for help)
- 1 large banana (very ripe)
- 1 cup oat flour (shove oats in a food processor and whizz)
- 1 cup almond milk
- Vegan butter
- Mash up half the banana until it isn’t lumpy
- Add the flour and milk and whisk until it looks like a smooth batter-y consistency
- Heat up a non-stick pan (if it’s not non stick it all goes downhill very quickly as I found out this morning) and melt some margarine
- Spoon in a bit of the mixture and wait until little bubbles appear on the top then flip it over. Stack them up on a plate as you make them.
- Add toppings !! I used the other half of the banana, nuts, maple syrup and frozen berries but you could use coconut ice cream, lotus biscuit spread (so good), vegan chocolate spread…. basically anything
- Eat it and die of happiness (if you actually managed it lol)
SO those are my favourite breakfast recipes and I hope you try them because all are crazy amazing and easy especially the overnight oats which are the best thing for school mornings.
What’s your favourite breakfast food?
heyhey long time no see !! My boring life hasn’t been very blog worthy lately but I’m a dedicated person so here I am ay !
I’ve had a pretty chill weekend, I only have two days left of school so thankfully not too much work and more time to lie on my bed watching Fresh Meat (not as gory as it sounds – absolutely hilarious and non meat related) aka my favourite activity.
My friend Maisie had her birthday party Friday night which was so much fun. Ellie and I ate a huge amount of mini cheese biscuit things and had a deep convo while lying in a field, a piñata was destroyed and I had a small mental breakdown with Maisie’s lovely cat.
I was so lazy on Saturday, we lay around watching twilight movies allll morning and I swear Maisie knows literally every word in that movie. I was impressed. In the afternoon I went on a lil dog walk which I don’t think my dog enjoyed very much because it was veryvery hot and there was a slightly aggressive swan but oh well. Can’t be having a lazy dog.
Today I’ve been lying in the garden drawing and re reading How to be Parisian. And I’ve fINally got my journal up to date. It took me ages because I haven’t done it properly since March – I’ve just been writing in the notes on my phone oops – but now it looks bomb. I just need to print off my recent photos and then it will look even bomb-er yayyy.
Oh ANd I made take two of the worlds ugliest banana and raspberry muffins which seriously do not look good but taste amazing. Especially warm. 10/10 would recommend.
So yep that is my life and hopefully it will get more interesting soon because summer and picnics and beach trips yay. Even though I think I’m going to have to finally get a job. Crying inside. I just hope I can find a cute cafe or something that won’t be too boring…
I’ve had a boring ass weekend and I have nOthing to write about other than myself soooo imma do 50 facts about me probably if I can think of that many so y’all know what kind of person I am and yep here goes,,,,,
- I love bread more than I love myself
- Also sweet potato
- I can hula hoop literally forever if I want to
- I’m English, South African and Swiss
- My best friend has the same name as me n it’s very confusing
- I have been to Paris once but I’m so in love with it even though I know that’s basic af
- I’m a Pisces but I have literally none of the qualities of a Pisces I think???
- Languages are my Favourite Thing and I’m currently learning French and Spanish at school and a lil bit of Italian online
- I want to learn Russian and Greek
- I. LOVE. CATS.
- I have more than 30 cacti/succulents and they all have names.
- The Great Gatsby is my favourite book and movie of all time I love it so much
- I can make fab avocado toast
- I actually love cooking and I cook all my meals for myself even though I don’t really need to but hey it’s fun
- My favourite thing to do is having picnics with my friends
- I have never broken a bone (feel like I’m tempting fate writing that)
- I actually like lemon by itself kind of a lot
- I’m vERy scared of fish and seaweed
- I’m kind of not a people person but also I really like people idk I confuse myself
- I can say hello in 30 languages
- My favourite words are weasel, precocious and baffling
- My nickname is snoots and my best friend made it up when we were really little
- Speaking of that, we also made up an entire universe called Ella land and it was so elaborate and we were the queens it was great
- I’m always so clueless about every situation ever. I nEver know what’s going on
- Can’t believe I’m only halfway help I dON’T KNOW
- I like putting random capitals EVerywhere
- Not sure if I want kids but if I did I’d want two daughters
- I love Lorde and the Wombats and Two Door Cinema Club and Frank Ocean
- I don’t really wear make up other than mascara because I’m high key lazy
- I have fruit stickers all over the back of my phone
- I’ve never had a boyfriend because I’m slightly allergic to awkward and I jUSt cAn’t
- However if young Leo DiCaprio was around I’d marry him in 5 seconds
- I can’t watch horror movies they’re way too scary
- My first ever teddy was a toy chick and I still have it
- I get very distressed by eyes. They creep me out so much
- Right now I’m wearing avocado socks
- My phone is always on airplane mode so I really annoy everyone by not picking up calls ever
- I hate pizza (sorry everyone)
- I want to call my future cat Luna or Mishy
- I’ve started writing two books but I always decide to majorly change the plot so I’ve never got that far
- My favourite fruits are peach and raspberry
- LANA DEL REY IS MY BABE
- I’m currently wearing pyjama shorts and a Calvin Klein men’s shirt which is a strange look but whatever
- I lOve homemade lemonade
- I don’t like coffee because it smells so much nicer than it tastes
- Haven’t learnt to drive yet oops even though I could and it would be really useful
- I love reorganising my room but it’s kinda difficult because I share with my sister
- My eyesight is actually terrible but I hardly ever wear my glasses
- I’m sUch a night owl
- No idea what I’m doing with my life
FINALLY FINISHED YIKES THAT WAS ACTUALLY HARD !!!
Comment some random stuff about yourselves my lil beans because I’m lowkey a stalker and I like to know stuff about people k byeeee
I went on an almost solo trip to Brighton aka one of my fave places today !! My dad quite often goes down there to sell at car boot sales and I got up at an unearthly hour this morning to join him and shop (by myself lol).
I mostly spent the whole day wandering around in various shops. I bought this cute tiny backpack in urban outfitters and I was so proud of myself but when I tried it the buckles were in such an annoying place and they rubbed my arms to death so I returned it, sad times. But I also bought two really cute tops.
The lanes were sooooo busy today, because it was so warm I guess, but I went in a couple of vintage shops and felt properly indie ;)))) and also found a place that sold really yummy avocado toast.
Afterwards I went to meet my dad down at the beach (it was so packed) where the finish line of the London to Brighton cycle race that happened today was. That was great because there were tons of boxes of free oranges that they were giving out to the cyclists and I might have sneaked a couple (seven). Also I had a bomb smoothie to rehydrate.
All in all it was very snazzy and I’ve done 20,000 steps and I’m slightly dead but oh well.
HOPE Y’ALL HAD A GOOD DAY !!