This is one of my favourite places on earth. My best friend has a house here and my mum’s boyfriend, who is a builder, is doing up another house in the next village so my family spend at least a month here every year. It’s amazing.
The nearest big town near where I stay is called Alba and I adore it. The buildings are beautiful and there’s quite a few churches and other historical stuff – one of the churches has a roof painted like the night sky which I love. Also there’s an amAzing ice cream shop there called La Romana which seriously makes the best gelato I have ever tasted in my life. The best flavour by far is biscotto della nonna but the lemon granita (kind of like a slushy) is freaking delicious too if you’re vegan.
Another of my favourite places is Aqui Terme which is a Roman town (great for lil classics enthusiasts like moi) and it also has really pretty buildings, as well as a hot spring fountain which smells really weird but I kinda like it.
And of cOUrse there’s Milan. I felt so vogue when I went here because everything is so sleek and fashionable and there’s modern and historic all at once. Also yummy food and tons of shops.
Piemonte is so great that it’s even fun to do literally nothing all day – just relaxing and reading or going in the pool or having a picnic. My friend’s house also has a lot of resident cats which are really friendly – my favourite is the smallest kitten who we named Kronos who is actually the naughtiest thing and so funny.
Anywayyyy I’m hopefully going back in a couple of weeks and I’m so freaking excited !! (I’m even excited to visit Asti Lido 2000 aka the chavviest Italian water park ever)
Where is your favourite place to go on holiday??
So I’ve been meaning to do this for ages and ages but I was too lazy to actually make the pancakes and take pictures of them even though it’s actually easy but yay I’ve got my life together and here is how to make the three yummiest vegan breakfasts ever ay!
(not gonna lie I eyeball everything but this is vaguely how much you need)
- 2/3 cup of oats
- 1/3 cup of chia seeds
- Almond milk (the amount kinda depends)
- Raisin (optional)
- Maple syrup
- So, night before you want to eat it ideally (I have actually made this about half an hour before though and it worked) mix the oats and chia seeds together in a jar or airtight pot
- Pour almond milk over the top until the level is just a tiny bit over the top of the oats (remember to mix because sometimes it doesn’t drain through right to the bottom)
- Add maple syrup and raisins (the raisins soak up some of the almond milk and go kind of juicy and amazing)
- Next morning, add the toppings. My favourites are banana, berries and walnuts but you could add literally anything like chocolate chips, cinnamon, granola, apple… so many possibilities !!
- Eat it and die of happiness
- 2 slices of bread of choice (I think wholemeal is best but you do you)
- 1/2 avocado
- A lil bit of lemon juice
- Chilli flakes
- Toast the toast
- While it’s toasting, mash up the avocado with a fork then add the lemon juice and chilli flakes
- Spread the houmous on the toast then the avocado mix on top
- Drizzle a bit of tahini on the top
- Eat it and die of happiness
(disclaimer: I’m not exactly a master at this recipe so if it looks like it might be disastrous plz turn to the internet for help)
- 1 large banana (very ripe)
- 1 cup oat flour (shove oats in a food processor and whizz)
- 1 cup almond milk
- Vegan butter
- Mash up half the banana until it isn’t lumpy
- Add the flour and milk and whisk until it looks like a smooth batter-y consistency
- Heat up a non-stick pan (if it’s not non stick it all goes downhill very quickly as I found out this morning) and melt some margarine
- Spoon in a bit of the mixture and wait until little bubbles appear on the top then flip it over. Stack them up on a plate as you make them.
- Add toppings !! I used the other half of the banana, nuts, maple syrup and frozen berries but you could use coconut ice cream, lotus biscuit spread (so good), vegan chocolate spread…. basically anything
- Eat it and die of happiness (if you actually managed it lol)
SO those are my favourite breakfast recipes and I hope you try them because all are crazy amazing and easy especially the overnight oats which are the best thing for school mornings.
What’s your favourite breakfast food?
silver jewellery against tan skin, sun hot on your back, patterns on skin from lacy tops, wandering european cats, glowy lipgloss, the fresh tartness of homemade lemonade, lazing outside with a book, soft music in your earphones as you gaze at classical art, picnics and freedom
(all pictures can be found on my tumblr)
heyhey long time no see !! My boring life hasn’t been very blog worthy lately but I’m a dedicated person so here I am ay !
I’ve had a pretty chill weekend, I only have two days left of school so thankfully not too much work and more time to lie on my bed watching Fresh Meat (not as gory as it sounds – absolutely hilarious and non meat related) aka my favourite activity.
My friend Maisie had her birthday party Friday night which was so much fun. Ellie and I ate a huge amount of mini cheese biscuit things and had a deep convo while lying in a field, a piñata was destroyed and I had a small mental breakdown with Maisie’s lovely cat.
I was so lazy on Saturday, we lay around watching twilight movies allll morning and I swear Maisie knows literally every word in that movie. I was impressed. In the afternoon I went on a lil dog walk which I don’t think my dog enjoyed very much because it was veryvery hot and there was a slightly aggressive swan but oh well. Can’t be having a lazy dog.
Today I’ve been lying in the garden drawing and re reading How to be Parisian. And I’ve fINally got my journal up to date. It took me ages because I haven’t done it properly since March – I’ve just been writing in the notes on my phone oops – but now it looks bomb. I just need to print off my recent photos and then it will look even bomb-er yayyy.
Oh ANd I made take two of the worlds ugliest banana and raspberry muffins which seriously do not look good but taste amazing. Especially warm. 10/10 would recommend.
So yep that is my life and hopefully it will get more interesting soon because summer and picnics and beach trips yay. Even though I think I’m going to have to finally get a job. Crying inside. I just hope I can find a cute cafe or something that won’t be too boring…
A lil collection of my favourite music right now
- Day Away / Frank Ocean (find on soundcloud)
- Lens / Frank Ocean
- Ivy / Frank Ocean
- The Louvre / Lorde
- Homemade Dynamite / Lorde
- Greek Tragedy / The Wombats
- Changing of the Seasons / Two Door Cinema Club
- Spark / Maxwell Young
- Paris / The 1975
- Heartbreaker / Bad Suns
- Honey / Swim Deep
- King City / Swim Deep
- Le Temps de l’Amour / Françoise Hardy
- chateau / Blackbear
- Isombard / Declan McKenna
- Shalala / Moses Gunn Collective
- Heaven in Hiding / Halsey
- Don’t Play / Halsey
- drugs / eden
- Candy Wrappers / Summer Salt
- like you lots / LANY
bAsically I think all these songs are pretty chill and I would recommend listening on long car journeys, picnics with pals, solo walks, and while making art or food.
Does anyone else like any of these songs?? Or if not plz give me recommendations !!!
I’ve had a boring ass weekend and I have nOthing to write about other than myself soooo imma do 50 facts about me probably if I can think of that many so y’all know what kind of person I am and yep here goes,,,,,
- I love bread more than I love myself
- Also sweet potato
- I can hula hoop literally forever if I want to
- I’m English, South African and Swiss
- My best friend has the same name as me n it’s very confusing
- I have been to Paris once but I’m so in love with it even though I know that’s basic af
- I’m a Pisces but I have literally none of the qualities of a Pisces I think???
- Languages are my Favourite Thing and I’m currently learning French and Spanish at school and a lil bit of Italian online
- I want to learn Russian and Greek
- I. LOVE. CATS.
- I have more than 30 cacti/succulents and they all have names.
- The Great Gatsby is my favourite book and movie of all time I love it so much
- I can make fab avocado toast
- I actually love cooking and I cook all my meals for myself even though I don’t really need to but hey it’s fun
- My favourite thing to do is having picnics with my friends
- I have never broken a bone (feel like I’m tempting fate writing that)
- I actually like lemon by itself kind of a lot
- I’m vERy scared of fish and seaweed
- I’m kind of not a people person but also I really like people idk I confuse myself
- I can say hello in 30 languages
- My favourite words are weasel, precocious and baffling
- My nickname is snoots and my best friend made it up when we were really little
- Speaking of that, we also made up an entire universe called Ella land and it was so elaborate and we were the queens it was great
- I’m always so clueless about every situation ever. I nEver know what’s going on
- Can’t believe I’m only halfway help I dON’T KNOW
- I like putting random capitals EVerywhere
- Not sure if I want kids but if I did I’d want two daughters
- I love Lorde and the Wombats and Two Door Cinema Club and Frank Ocean
- I don’t really wear make up other than mascara because I’m high key lazy
- I have fruit stickers all over the back of my phone
- I’ve never had a boyfriend because I’m slightly allergic to awkward and I jUSt cAn’t
- However if young Leo DiCaprio was around I’d marry him in 5 seconds
- I can’t watch horror movies they’re way too scary
- My first ever teddy was a toy chick and I still have it
- I get very distressed by eyes. They creep me out so much
- Right now I’m wearing avocado socks
- My phone is always on airplane mode so I really annoy everyone by not picking up calls ever
- I hate pizza (sorry everyone)
- I want to call my future cat Luna or Mishy
- I’ve started writing two books but I always decide to majorly change the plot so I’ve never got that far
- My favourite fruits are peach and raspberry
- LANA DEL REY IS MY BABE
- I’m currently wearing pyjama shorts and a Calvin Klein men’s shirt which is a strange look but whatever
- I lOve homemade lemonade
- I don’t like coffee because it smells so much nicer than it tastes
- Haven’t learnt to drive yet oops even though I could and it would be really useful
- I love reorganising my room but it’s kinda difficult because I share with my sister
- My eyesight is actually terrible but I hardly ever wear my glasses
- I’m sUch a night owl
- No idea what I’m doing with my life
FINALLY FINISHED YIKES THAT WAS ACTUALLY HARD !!!
Comment some random stuff about yourselves my lil beans because I’m lowkey a stalker and I like to know stuff about people k byeeee
K K I TAKE BACK ALL I HAVE EVER SAID WARWICK IS MY NEW FAVE UNI
I went to the open day yesterday and tbh when I was on the way I wasn’t expecting that much and I wasn’t really thinking of going there at all but I just went because it’s one of the few places that acTUally offers the exact course I want to do but ITS FREAKING AMAZING !!
After getting very very lost trying to actually find the place and some slight issues with the park and ride we finally got to the campus, and I was pretty set in my mindset that campus unis were nOpe and I wanted a city uni but I have since changed my mind. The campus is like a mini city – it has tONS of restaurants, banks, actual night clubs and even a mini supermarket that sells avocado houmous (!!!). Also the fact that I could literally live on site is so great because just think how late I could sleep in ???? And the accommodation is pretty cheap ay.
Also the subject. I went there to look at classics with study in Europe which is basically classics but then I also learn Italian from scratch on top and then I get to spend my fourth year in Italy woop!! (Don’t like Italy quIte as much as France but I still love it and tbh if I can skip out on the french literature I’m cool with it). But yeah anyway. All the lecturers were so positive and enthusiastic and they all seem to be really interested in their subject and I think that’s so great because hopefully they can make sure I’m always interested too and that I love the subject like they do which would obvs be nice. Also they were v helpful and one of them was lowkey quite attractive mehehehe.
Special extra: there’s a vegan society which looks bomb because who doesn’t want to sit around and discuss nice food tbh??????
Anyway I now really want to go here and I’m preparing myself to join 647382 extra curricular activities to make my personal statement fabulous and yeppo.