This is one of my favourite places on earth. My best friend has a house here and my mum’s boyfriend, who is a builder, is doing up another house in the next village so my family spend at least a month here every year. It’s amazing.
The nearest big town near where I stay is called Alba and I adore it. The buildings are beautiful and there’s quite a few churches and other historical stuff – one of the churches has a roof painted like the night sky which I love. Also there’s an amAzing ice cream shop there called La Romana which seriously makes the best gelato I have ever tasted in my life. The best flavour by far is biscotto della nonna but the lemon granita (kind of like a slushy) is freaking delicious too if you’re vegan.
Another of my favourite places is Aqui Terme which is a Roman town (great for lil classics enthusiasts like moi) and it also has really pretty buildings, as well as a hot spring fountain which smells really weird but I kinda like it.
And of cOUrse there’s Milan. I felt so vogue when I went here because everything is so sleek and fashionable and there’s modern and historic all at once. Also yummy food and tons of shops.
Piemonte is so great that it’s even fun to do literally nothing all day – just relaxing and reading or going in the pool or having a picnic. My friend’s house also has a lot of resident cats which are really friendly – my favourite is the smallest kitten who we named Kronos who is actually the naughtiest thing and so funny.
Anywayyyy I’m hopefully going back in a couple of weeks and I’m so freaking excited !! (I’m even excited to visit Asti Lido 2000 aka the chavviest Italian water park ever)
Where is your favourite place to go on holiday??
So I’ve been meaning to do this for ages and ages but I was too lazy to actually make the pancakes and take pictures of them even though it’s actually easy but yay I’ve got my life together and here is how to make the three yummiest vegan breakfasts ever ay!
(not gonna lie I eyeball everything but this is vaguely how much you need)
- 2/3 cup of oats
- 1/3 cup of chia seeds
- Almond milk (the amount kinda depends)
- Raisin (optional)
- Maple syrup
- So, night before you want to eat it ideally (I have actually made this about half an hour before though and it worked) mix the oats and chia seeds together in a jar or airtight pot
- Pour almond milk over the top until the level is just a tiny bit over the top of the oats (remember to mix because sometimes it doesn’t drain through right to the bottom)
- Add maple syrup and raisins (the raisins soak up some of the almond milk and go kind of juicy and amazing)
- Next morning, add the toppings. My favourites are banana, berries and walnuts but you could add literally anything like chocolate chips, cinnamon, granola, apple… so many possibilities !!
- Eat it and die of happiness
- 2 slices of bread of choice (I think wholemeal is best but you do you)
- 1/2 avocado
- A lil bit of lemon juice
- Chilli flakes
- Toast the toast
- While it’s toasting, mash up the avocado with a fork then add the lemon juice and chilli flakes
- Spread the houmous on the toast then the avocado mix on top
- Drizzle a bit of tahini on the top
- Eat it and die of happiness
(disclaimer: I’m not exactly a master at this recipe so if it looks like it might be disastrous plz turn to the internet for help)
- 1 large banana (very ripe)
- 1 cup oat flour (shove oats in a food processor and whizz)
- 1 cup almond milk
- Vegan butter
- Mash up half the banana until it isn’t lumpy
- Add the flour and milk and whisk until it looks like a smooth batter-y consistency
- Heat up a non-stick pan (if it’s not non stick it all goes downhill very quickly as I found out this morning) and melt some margarine
- Spoon in a bit of the mixture and wait until little bubbles appear on the top then flip it over. Stack them up on a plate as you make them.
- Add toppings !! I used the other half of the banana, nuts, maple syrup and frozen berries but you could use coconut ice cream, lotus biscuit spread (so good), vegan chocolate spread…. basically anything
- Eat it and die of happiness (if you actually managed it lol)
SO those are my favourite breakfast recipes and I hope you try them because all are crazy amazing and easy especially the overnight oats which are the best thing for school mornings.
What’s your favourite breakfast food?
silver jewellery against tan skin, sun hot on your back, patterns on skin from lacy tops, wandering european cats, glowy lipgloss, the fresh tartness of homemade lemonade, lazing outside with a book, soft music in your earphones as you gaze at classical art, picnics and freedom
(all pictures can be found on my tumblr)
heyhey long time no see !! My boring life hasn’t been very blog worthy lately but I’m a dedicated person so here I am ay !
I’ve had a pretty chill weekend, I only have two days left of school so thankfully not too much work and more time to lie on my bed watching Fresh Meat (not as gory as it sounds – absolutely hilarious and non meat related) aka my favourite activity.
My friend Maisie had her birthday party Friday night which was so much fun. Ellie and I ate a huge amount of mini cheese biscuit things and had a deep convo while lying in a field, a piñata was destroyed and I had a small mental breakdown with Maisie’s lovely cat.
I was so lazy on Saturday, we lay around watching twilight movies allll morning and I swear Maisie knows literally every word in that movie. I was impressed. In the afternoon I went on a lil dog walk which I don’t think my dog enjoyed very much because it was veryvery hot and there was a slightly aggressive swan but oh well. Can’t be having a lazy dog.
Today I’ve been lying in the garden drawing and re reading How to be Parisian. And I’ve fINally got my journal up to date. It took me ages because I haven’t done it properly since March – I’ve just been writing in the notes on my phone oops – but now it looks bomb. I just need to print off my recent photos and then it will look even bomb-er yayyy.
Oh ANd I made take two of the worlds ugliest banana and raspberry muffins which seriously do not look good but taste amazing. Especially warm. 10/10 would recommend.
So yep that is my life and hopefully it will get more interesting soon because summer and picnics and beach trips yay. Even though I think I’m going to have to finally get a job. Crying inside. I just hope I can find a cute cafe or something that won’t be too boring…