A lil collection of my favourite music right now
- Day Away / Frank Ocean (find on soundcloud)
- Lens / Frank Ocean
- Ivy / Frank Ocean
- The Louvre / Lorde
- Homemade Dynamite / Lorde
- Greek Tragedy / The Wombats
- Changing of the Seasons / Two Door Cinema Club
- Spark / Maxwell Young
- Paris / The 1975
- Heartbreaker / Bad Suns
- Honey / Swim Deep
- King City / Swim Deep
- Le Temps de l’Amour / Françoise Hardy
- chateau / Blackbear
- Isombard / Declan McKenna
- Shalala / Moses Gunn Collective
- Heaven in Hiding / Halsey
- Don’t Play / Halsey
- drugs / eden
- Candy Wrappers / Summer Salt
- like you lots / LANY
bAsically I think all these songs are pretty chill and I would recommend listening on long car journeys, picnics with pals, solo walks, and while making art or food.
Does anyone else like any of these songs?? Or if not plz give me recommendations !!!
I’ve had a boring ass weekend and I have nOthing to write about other than myself soooo imma do 50 facts about me probably if I can think of that many so y’all know what kind of person I am and yep here goes,,,,,
- I love bread more than I love myself
- Also sweet potato
- I can hula hoop literally forever if I want to
- I’m English, South African and Swiss
- My best friend has the same name as me n it’s very confusing
- I have been to Paris once but I’m so in love with it even though I know that’s basic af
- I’m a Pisces but I have literally none of the qualities of a Pisces I think???
- Languages are my Favourite Thing and I’m currently learning French and Spanish at school and a lil bit of Italian online
- I want to learn Russian and Greek
- I. LOVE. CATS.
- I have more than 30 cacti/succulents and they all have names.
- The Great Gatsby is my favourite book and movie of all time I love it so much
- I can make fab avocado toast
- I actually love cooking and I cook all my meals for myself even though I don’t really need to but hey it’s fun
- My favourite thing to do is having picnics with my friends
- I have never broken a bone (feel like I’m tempting fate writing that)
- I actually like lemon by itself kind of a lot
- I’m vERy scared of fish and seaweed
- I’m kind of not a people person but also I really like people idk I confuse myself
- I can say hello in 30 languages
- My favourite words are weasel, precocious and baffling
- My nickname is snoots and my best friend made it up when we were really little
- Speaking of that, we also made up an entire universe called Ella land and it was so elaborate and we were the queens it was great
- I’m always so clueless about every situation ever. I nEver know what’s going on
- Can’t believe I’m only halfway help I dON’T KNOW
- I like putting random capitals EVerywhere
- Not sure if I want kids but if I did I’d want two daughters
- I love Lorde and the Wombats and Two Door Cinema Club and Frank Ocean
- I don’t really wear make up other than mascara because I’m high key lazy
- I have fruit stickers all over the back of my phone
- I’ve never had a boyfriend because I’m slightly allergic to awkward and I jUSt cAn’t
- However if young Leo DiCaprio was around I’d marry him in 5 seconds
- I can’t watch horror movies they’re way too scary
- My first ever teddy was a toy chick and I still have it
- I get very distressed by eyes. They creep me out so much
- Right now I’m wearing avocado socks
- My phone is always on airplane mode so I really annoy everyone by not picking up calls ever
- I hate pizza (sorry everyone)
- I want to call my future cat Luna or Mishy
- I’ve started writing two books but I always decide to majorly change the plot so I’ve never got that far
- My favourite fruits are peach and raspberry
- LANA DEL REY IS MY BABE
- I’m currently wearing pyjama shorts and a Calvin Klein men’s shirt which is a strange look but whatever
- I lOve homemade lemonade
- I don’t like coffee because it smells so much nicer than it tastes
- Haven’t learnt to drive yet oops even though I could and it would be really useful
- I love reorganising my room but it’s kinda difficult because I share with my sister
- My eyesight is actually terrible but I hardly ever wear my glasses
- I’m sUch a night owl
- No idea what I’m doing with my life
FINALLY FINISHED YIKES THAT WAS ACTUALLY HARD !!!
Comment some random stuff about yourselves my lil beans because I’m lowkey a stalker and I like to know stuff about people k byeeee
K K I TAKE BACK ALL I HAVE EVER SAID WARWICK IS MY NEW FAVE UNI
I went to the open day yesterday and tbh when I was on the way I wasn’t expecting that much and I wasn’t really thinking of going there at all but I just went because it’s one of the few places that acTUally offers the exact course I want to do but ITS FREAKING AMAZING !!
After getting very very lost trying to actually find the place and some slight issues with the park and ride we finally got to the campus, and I was pretty set in my mindset that campus unis were nOpe and I wanted a city uni but I have since changed my mind. The campus is like a mini city – it has tONS of restaurants, banks, actual night clubs and even a mini supermarket that sells avocado houmous (!!!). Also the fact that I could literally live on site is so great because just think how late I could sleep in ???? And the accommodation is pretty cheap ay.
Also the subject. I went there to look at classics with study in Europe which is basically classics but then I also learn Italian from scratch on top and then I get to spend my fourth year in Italy woop!! (Don’t like Italy quIte as much as France but I still love it and tbh if I can skip out on the french literature I’m cool with it). But yeah anyway. All the lecturers were so positive and enthusiastic and they all seem to be really interested in their subject and I think that’s so great because hopefully they can make sure I’m always interested too and that I love the subject like they do which would obvs be nice. Also they were v helpful and one of them was lowkey quite attractive mehehehe.
Special extra: there’s a vegan society which looks bomb because who doesn’t want to sit around and discuss nice food tbh??????
Anyway I now really want to go here and I’m preparing myself to join 647382 extra curricular activities to make my personal statement fabulous and yeppo.
So my school is an absolute babe and I had my 183829th day off in about 3 weeks today which was amazing because the weather is so lovely and I actually don’t think I could deal with being stuck in a classroom all day.
I spent 2 1/2 hours, two buses, a train and a longish walk getting to a cute river place where people from my school always go to meet up with what was actually a very random group (as in I’ve met most of them once and my friend randomly invited me) but it was actually so nice and we all got on so well even though no one really knew each other.
We took a load of food with us and had a mini barbecue (aka they ate sausages and burgers and I sat there with 4 slices of bread lol) and we basically just sat around and swam and had some intense water/suncream fights and roasted to death because it was so hot. Also we left our grapes in the sun and can I just say warm grapes are not nice.
Leaving may have been a low point on the how-much-Ella-has-her-life-together scale because me and my friend Ellie were sat on the other side of the river and we couldn’t see our group and then suddenly we saw them all walking past us with all their stuff to get the train and we were both soaking wet and in bikinis. Basically it ended up with me shoving all my clothes on and ending up looking like someone had just tried to drown me and Ellie literally walking around in public trying to get dressed under her towel. We went to the McDonald’s toilets to sort ourselves out afterwards and just gonna say I felt pretty scatty.
But anyway today was such a good day and my tan is On Point. And I didn’t even get sunburned. Yas.
ps I just rescued a butterfly from the bus and now I feel like a great person.
I went on an almost solo trip to Brighton aka one of my fave places today !! My dad quite often goes down there to sell at car boot sales and I got up at an unearthly hour this morning to join him and shop (by myself lol).
I mostly spent the whole day wandering around in various shops. I bought this cute tiny backpack in urban outfitters and I was so proud of myself but when I tried it the buckles were in such an annoying place and they rubbed my arms to death so I returned it, sad times. But I also bought two really cute tops.
The lanes were sooooo busy today, because it was so warm I guess, but I went in a couple of vintage shops and felt properly indie ;)))) and also found a place that sold really yummy avocado toast.
Afterwards I went to meet my dad down at the beach (it was so packed) where the finish line of the London to Brighton cycle race that happened today was. That was great because there were tons of boxes of free oranges that they were giving out to the cyclists and I might have sneaked a couple (seven). Also I had a bomb smoothie to rehydrate.
All in all it was very snazzy and I’ve done 20,000 steps and I’m slightly dead but oh well.
HOPE Y’ALL HAD A GOOD DAY !!
This snazzy place isn’t exactly a well known place but I went here today with my dad and brother and I actually love it.
Basically it’s an area near where I live that’s part of a natural harbour (hugest and weirdest shaped harbour honestly) and there’s a long path round the outside where you can walk along the side of the water and it’s so pretty !!
My favourite part was this beach which was pretty out of the way. There were no other people there apart from a couple with their extremely cute dog (pictured – isn’t she an angel??). There were also a load of smallish oak trees along the back of the beach which had grown into some really cool shapes and also made pretty jazzy benches. I think it would be so much fun to go there in the evening with some friends and have a little fire and food and bonding time.
There were also so many animals – I saw rabbits, deer and even two baby foxes which were so freaking cute, as well as tons of butterflies and bees and things and basically I felt very at one with nature lol.
Also I am now starving and tbh I could eat a baguette or ten so bye my dudes.
DON’T HAVE ANY PICTURES ITS A TRAGEDY!!!
But anyway I went to Bristol to look at the University and I’m in kind of a dilemma now. Because it’s so nice and I really want to go there. But I’m problematic with my subjects.
Basically the city is amazing and there’s loads of greens spaces and cute cafes (nice vegan food literally would be two seconds away from my door) and the buildings in the centre are quite pretty and it looks like there’s quite a lot to do so I think it would be so much fun to live there ahhhh !!! Also all the halls of residences are grouped together so it’s like a little village and I think it would be easy to make friends like that and then we’d all be living close together and hhshshshs I really want to go. Also the arts department (which is where I would be is a street of little houses and each section has its own house and I think that’s so cute.
I also really like the look of the subjects. I’m looking at French and Classical Studies and everyone I talked to about those subjects was really helpful and the courses look amazing too – for French I can do a unit on french fashion??? How great is that???? And I can spend a year in Paris???? My dilemma is that I kinda want to do French and Classics as a combined degree, which ordinarily would be fine but Bristol don’t freaking do it. Why. Don’t rly know what I’m going to do with my life but oH WELL !!!